Grayson Flowers' Entertaining Essentials for the Holiday SeasonPosted by Victoria Bock on
We asked our retail expert Grayson Flowers to shed some light on the entertaining essentials that get her into the holiday hosting mindset each year. Inspired by her upbringing in the Lowcountry, she reflects on the Charleston-made products that bring a special meaningfulness to her annual traditions. Turn on your ovens, focus on subtle southern touches, and get prepared to be the hostess with the mostess this holiday season.
1. From quality cookware to an impressive tablescape display, the Smithey Ironware Carbon Steel Roaster or Skillet are the perfect pieces to bring your dishes directly from the oven to the table.
2. Depending who you ask sides are the best part of any holiday meal, so pick up a copy of Add a Pinch, Easier, Faster, Fresher Southern Classics: A Cookbook - it dives into simple, southern recipes that will work while entertaining year round.
3. No table is complete without cornbread. Elevate your cornbread game this season with Sean Brock’s Jimmy Red Cornbread Mix. Available in-store only.
4. Every good holiday meal needs something a little sweet and Special Recipes from the Charleston Cake Lady has you covered. Whether its Mary Ann Nelson’s apple squares or my personal favorite, the chocolate chip cake (on page 54), there is a dessert for everyone to enjoy.
5. Clean, simple, and offered in a variety of scents; the Charleston Candle Company's collection of Lowcountry-inspired candles are the best way to get everyone in the holiday spirit. Available in-store only.
6. If you're the holiday guest rather the host, don’t show up empty handed. Use the Tremont Wine Tote from J. Stark to bring your favorite bottle of wine or gift with you to each holiday celebration.
- Tags: ENTERTAINING